KStar Fan Fest 2014

Kpop fans, be sure to book your tickets for KStar Fan Fest 2014 featuring Girl's Day and B1A4 now!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Korean Cultural Club Special Activity of the Year (cum 11th Activity)--Korea Festival 2014@ Marina Bay Sands

So yeah, after saying quite a bit about Korea Festival 2014, me (Tian Tian) and Iswarya decided to explore the festival for a bit.

We went to Marina Bay Sands (MBS) Convention Hall C rather early (say 11am?) on the first day (21 November 2014) and it was quite happening for a Friday morning. The first thing that caught my eye was the ready-to-go hair makeover done by Korean hairstylists from Du Sol Beauty Hair Salon. So I had a go at it for $5 and got some Kpop curls done by Senior Korean Hair Stylist Erica.






Quite interesting isn't it? And the effect came out quite well and I thought perhaps my hair would have looked like that of Eunji of Apink.

Then...growl...our stomachs started growling so Iswarya and I thought that we should try out some of the Korean dishes by Todai Singapore. Iswarya had Ddukbokki (Rice cakes) while I had a Bibimbap (Korean Mixed Rice). The dishes came out visually and physically tasty. And as usual I loved the sunny side up they used to have for bibimbaps.






You could find us posing in the photos above and the food booth is actually shaped like a typical snack truck in Korea! (Hmmm...reminds me of the days when I bought piping hot ddukbokki in winter from a snack truck in Myeongdong.)

And then, we visited innisfree booth. Cosmetic culture is really booming in Korea and once again this reminds me of the streets of Korean Cosmetic brands along Myeongdong, Ewha, Hongdae and so on... 







Here's I Love Kpop Merchandise, and there are lots of CDs and merchandises available, including those with exclusive fansigns. 




Ta-da! Here's the running man booth. Pretty nicely set-up and pretty much looks like the real thing.




Thereafter, a visit to Etude House booth is a MUST. It's all girls heaven and the iconic cosmetic brand in Korea. We were really lucky that day and we were offered a Spin&Win and a Makeover Session. But oof course, I ended up buying lipstick in the end.





That was about all for Day 1 Convention of Korea Festival 2014. It's complete and reflects very much of the Korean Culture. It's not always about Kpop and drama but variety shows like Running Man, the Korean snack truck culture, their cosmetic and hair styling culture are part and parcel of the K-WAVE too.


No comments:

Post a Comment